Monday, January 17, 2011

My First Blog Post! :D

    As the title of this post implies, this is my first blog post! : ) haha I actually started it Friday (Jan. 14, 2011) but I havent had the time to post anything so this is my first post. and, actually I did have a post when I initially created the blog but my computer got messed up and it didnt save it so it got deleted. :( haha

    But anyways, I mainly just started this blog because I love music and wanted to be able to share that love and passion of music with the world and maybe find some like-minded people. I like to think I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, I listen to almost anything as long as its good music. haha I like music with lots of instrumention but I listen to almost everything. But not nessicarially everything that I listen to is good but I know good music when I hear it. I just came up with that "quote" all by myself, right now. do you like it? haha anyways, as the "quote" basically implies, I listen to almost anything. And I really do. Just take a look at my iTunes library or my favorited videos on Youtube and that should prove it.. haha rock, country, alternative, reggae, reggae rock, christian rock, light metal, some pop, pop punk/pop rock/punk, britpop, british/irish/uk music, particuarly during the 90s (i seriously think there must be something in the air over there because literally every single piece of music ive heard from over there has been amaaazing, and ive heard alot.. plus they have cool accents. haha), umm... some blues, ballads, danceable stuff, singable stuff, 90s music, anything really, its a pretty varied list... haha

    Some examples of specific artists include.., well actually you can look at my Youtube and alot of its listed in the info thing under music.. haha its KDOGG331 but I'll list some here anyways. umm... Queen, Aerosmith, Oasis, Blur, The Rolling Stones, Stone Temple Pilots, Goo Goo Dolls, Cage The Elephant, Green Day, Matchbox Twenty, Train, Five For Fighting, Ben Folds, Nine Days, Dave Matthews Band, Maroon 5, Switchfoot, The Spill Canvas, Steven Page, Kris Allen, Paramore, All Time Low, Carson, Runner Runner, The White Tie Affair, A Rocket To The Moon, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bon Jovi, Mark Wills, Chris Keys, Boyce Avenue, Every Avenue, The Dinosaur On My Back, Flogging Molly, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dropkick Murphys, David Wax Museum, Hey Monday, Kicking Daisies, The Ramones, Cheap Trick, The Replacements, The Summer Set, The Honesty, The Maine, Nickelback, Rascal Flatts, The Script, The Fray, Rob Thomas, Weezer, Finger Eleven, Franz Ferdinand, The Decemberists, The National, Coldplay, U2, Daughtry, AC/DC, and soooo many more! So as you can see, its a pretty varied list... haha

    Anyways, Im not really entirely sure what I am going to do with this blog or what I am going to put on it yet. I was thinking of possibly doing a song of the week type thing or band of the week, song of the day, or something like that. but I am not entirely sure. Also, lately I have begun to get more serious about learning guitar. When I was younger, I used to be kind of into it but then, I guess I kind of lost interest in it. but now I am starting to get back into it. But when I was younger, it was always just kinda more of a fun thing to do when I was bored anyways. I was never really "serious" about it, it was always just for fun. I mean, even now, Im mostly just playing for fun anyways but when I was little, I didnt really actually learn it, more just plucked random strings on the guitar or pressed random keys on the piano or randomly hit the drums, essentially just noisemaking... haha But now that I am older, I am actually attempting to learn these things rather than just sporadically making noise.

     I also used to try and write songs when I was younger. But again, that was always just for fun and more when I was bored and would basically, just be like "I wanna write a song" and then do it, so they usually wound up terribly or as some random rap or something.. haha But now, I have begun to more seriously write songs. Also, when you're younger, you're so young and innocent so you dont really notice whats wrong with the world as much so you really dont have much to work with, or write about, at least for me. ha But, I think I first began seriously writing songs a couple months ago. That was when it really all began at least for me. I started writing one song back in October and then didn't touch it again or finish it until December. And then that really just started kind of a snowball effect, the snowball started rolling down the hill and there was really nothing I could do about it.. haha Ever since then, and particuarly this week, Ive just been writing songs like crazy. They just come to me now, whereas before they never used to. I mean, theres some stuff now that I just look at totally differently or think "Boy, would that make a great song" and just start writng, stuff that I never would have thought of as a song before. So, I guess now I kind of have the mind of a songwriter... haha They dont necessiarially always come to me at the best times though.. haha But to date, I have finished 4 songs and have started 2 others, so Im now at 6 total. I have written the majoity of those songs this week.

   Soo, now that I have started writing songs and trying to learn guitar, I may post some of my lyrics up here for you to see. And possibly some videos of me playing guitar, or trying to learn it, once I get better at it. I hope you will enjoy seeing these things and would possibly consider commenting on them and/or giving some constructive criticism, or at least telling me what you think because I would love to hear from you. And so that I can get better at it.

  I hope you will consider joining me on this musical journey of mine because I'd love to have you along for the ride. I am sorry this blog post is so long, they wont all be this long, I promise... But if you have read this far, THANK YOU!!! : ) I appreciate it, I really do. and I look foward to hearing from you or at least having you along for the ride.

Thank you so much!

- Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment