Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New songs!! :D

Hey everybody! soo, now that I finally have some time, I'm going to put some new lyrics up here! haha I hope you like them! :)

Ok, soo I guess I'll start with the newer ones first and work my way down to the older songs. :) haha

So, as I've done with the other songs (I know, it's been months since I've posted any new songs), I'm only going to post a full and a partial per blog post because I don't want to overwhelm you with too many songs at once and it's just easier that way so yeah.. : D haha

Ok, so here's the first song. This one is literally brand new, I actually just wrote it tonight and this one is actually an exception to the songposting rule, in that I'm gonna post two (different) partials (of the same song) because normally with my songs, I just go with the direction the song's going in and just accept the new ideas and wind up with a (hopefully) great song. but for some reason with this one I just decided I was straying too far from the "original" ideas and kept trying to put the original ideas into it but everytime I would try to do that, I would just keep writing and wind up not knowing where to put the original ideas. So I stopped writing for a second to write down the original idea on a seperate sheet of paper. And then after I did that, I just kind of lost where I was going with the "new" song and just wasn't able to keep writing. So I just walked away. haha This is the first time I've ever actually "walked away" from a song before, besides the partials, but those were only cause I didn't have time to finish writing atm and just wanted to get the ideas down. So I did and wound up with a few partials. haha but anyways, this is the first time I've ever really walked away from a song, willingly and on purpose (not because of time issues), the first time I've ever really said to myself, "You know what? I really have no idea where this is going anymore and I think it's straying too far from the original but I don't know for sure right now because my ideas are too scattered now. So I think I need to walk away and come back later.", it's the first time I've ever really told myself "I think you need to walk away now because you have no idea where this is going anymore." And so that's what I did. Which I guess is a good thing because with all of my other songs, I just had an idea and then I went to write it down and thought of all sorts of other things to add and just kept writing till I wound up with a full song, I kind of edited and added stuff to it along the way and never really hit any roadblock's with it, or if I did, it wouldnt last long and I would fix it right there and then continue writing till I "finished" it. So, I guess, this writer's block thing is a good thing because for once, it is not just smooth sailing with my songs. I am learning how to walk away and come back  later (With a clear head to, hopefully, write a better song than I would have before). So, I guess it is a good thing that I hit this roadblock because by hitting this roadblock, I am probably learning valuable skills and learning that everything doesn't always go your own way or go right the first time, sometimes it takes multiple tries to get it right. In fact, that is usually the case. So I think I am also growing as a songwriter and as a musician and gaining experience as well. Because while, yes, it is frustrating getting writer's block, I am learning and hopefully, I will come back with a better song when I go back later. I don't know, maybe I'm exaggerating this a bit. I mean, it's just writer's block, right? But I do think this is good for me though because up till now, everything's pretty much been smooth sailing, as far as the songwriting goes, so it's a good experience for me. : D It's frustrating though cause I can't decide what I want to do with the original, whether I wanna add it in as the chorus or completely omit it or what but either way, this is probably a great learning experience for me. :) haha

So anyways, enough rambling. haha I'm sorry, I'll stop rambling now.

Here is the new song. I'm gonna post the "new" version first and then the "original" idea.. haha I haven't decided on a title though yet but yeah, new song.. : D haha

"new" version of new song

     Well, I don't know how things are now.
But I know how they were bere.
But they've probably changed now
Cause it's been a while since I've been here/there.
So I know how things were before.
But I don't know how they are now.
Cause things have changed.
But you're still the same. And you still live there.
So darling, can you please tell me how things are now?
Tell me how things have changed. What's different now?
It's been a while since I've been here.
I know you probably hate me. But it's been a while.
So can you please refresh my memory?
Are things still the same as they were or are they different now?
Cause I don't know.
So darling please, can you tell me how things have changed?
Are things much different now that I'm gone or are they still the same as they were before/when I was here?
Well, I'm here now so tell me. Has a lot changed since I've been gone (or not really)?


ok, that's it for the "new" version. here's the "old/original" version.. haha

    Well, I don't know how things are now.
But, I know how they were before.
But they've probably changed now cause it's been a while since I've been there.
But you still live there and you're still the same.
So darling, can you please tell me how things have changed/are now?
Are they much different w/o me there/now that I'm gone or are they still the same as they were before?
I don't know.
So darling, can you please tell me how things have changed/are now?
Cause I don't know.

And that's it. haha As you can see, the "original" isn't all that much different than the "new" one, but it's a little different and a big difference is that the new one is just more spoofed up and with a lot more "fluff" in between the lines, the original is simpler, it just says it all in one verse.. haha so, I don't know which version I like better yet, I like both so maybe I'll incorporate the original in as the chorus or something but idk for sure yet so yeah... haha

Anyways, I hope you liked that one. I'll also be posting more songs up soon so be on the look out for those. haha but yeah, hope you liked it. :)

As always, if you have read this far, THANK YOU!!! : D

Thanks a lot,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment