Friday, February 11, 2011

Just went and picked up the guitars!!

OMG!! My mom just went and picked up the guitars! She just got back and they look and sound AMAAAAZING!!! :D haha It was a little more expensive than we thought, I think the bass needed 1 string, but it wasn't much more expensive. But they sound awesome! :) haha The strings on the acoustic are kinda reddish/goldish so I think they put copper strings on it, all new strings. :) haha Better than before, before it only had 3 strings and one of them was steel and the other two were nylon... :/ hahaha but now it has all new copper strings. :) And my mom says the big guy there's wicked nice, he like played a little song or something for my mom (on the acoustic one) to show her how good it sounded. :) haha and they look kinda shiny and/or cleaner too, like they cleaned em or something.. haha Anywho, the acoustic has all new copper strings and the bass has a new tuning key and I think a new string too.. haha A little more expensive than we thought, but not by much, only like 5 bucks (bass strings are more expensive which is part of why we didnt just get them all replaced.. haha). It was funny cause I was reading the service slip thing on the guitars and it was like 5 bucks for ONE bass string and like $7.99 for an entire set of brand new copper strings on a 6 string acoustic, plus all the labor.. but still, a little over a dollar a string for guitars but like 5 BUCKS for ONE bass string, guess they are more expensive... hahaah Anyways, it was a smidge more expensive than we thought but WELL worth it!!!! haha I'm SO excited to start playing, I'll probably play all weekend and maybe even get off the computer and play guitar instead, for a change... haha I'm like on the computer all the time, like hours on end, it's not good.. lol but now I'll be playing guitar for hours on end instead, with the exception of maybe looking up tabs and playing tips/lessons and stuff online, my fingers are gonna hurt... haha Im so, so excited to start playing though! :D ha
Thanks for reading this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment